Saturday, November 17, 2007

a little nostalgic


okay, so most people wouldn't look at this guy and think that he is something to get misty-eyed over, but he really reminds me of the drawings my grandpa used to draw just to tease us grandkids...he would draw people with these runny faucet noses--and I would get very upset. "That's not the way to draw people!" and I would erase the nose he just drew and drew my own. I would just think these people were soooooo ugly....oh man if I could just have one more chance to draw with Papaw!

It kinda made me sad and I have to express that I just wanted to sit with this guy and feel close to Papaw if only for a moment...
This is one of those things only I would get upset about--everyone else would just see a stinkin' faucet head guy...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I've never seen the faucet head guy, he's kinda cute.

Memories like yours are the most precious. No matter what anybody else thinks, you have a right to your memories.

Have a great Sunday,

Diane

Free Art Printables said...

Your kids are too cute! This is a great post.
Thanks for stopping by!
Jen R