Thursday, June 18, 2009

thrifty thursday

This was all found in the free bin at my local church run thrift store...some great old books, an awesome thermos, a cute little basket, some red velvet ribbon, some play silver medals, a soap dish holder, a metal tin, a crock, an old avon perfume bottle shaped like a football helmet, some gold fabric, a ribbon curler with some ribbon--a book about reaching your child's heart, and a glass votive and two jello molds...which might make cool molds for sand.


Close up of the books...a couple of Dale Carnegie books along with a book of Abraham Lincoln's writings...book 5 of I think ten? But don't quote me on that!

Isn't this picture just awesome?? I love it! I have already looked at some of his writings...and the whole set of books is available to download...but there is just something about holding them in your hand.


The same store had this on their free bin! I love these kind of plates for my kiddos!
I already have some of the large rectangular divided plates...and another cutting board? It just needed a trip through my dishwasher and it was as good as new!

I also scored three of those pink flat plates! They are always good to put a lunch for sissy on...but bubba will not eat on pink plates...something about masculinity!!

I also got this from the free bin! I have no idea what you are supposed to do with it...I joked that it's a friendly kung fu practice thingy....but really think that I will canabalize and do something FAB-U-LUSSSS!(Or just throw it in the trash...)


I bought this at a yard sale for $1 for sissy's room...she has a pink and black thing going on in her room...I think it looks like a funeral parlor decoration but she told me DO NOT TOUCH IT ANYMORE MOMMA!! So I obliged...even though I think the inside needs more black...

I bought this little beauty for 50 cents at my favorite thrift store. I think that a coat of paint might help it...I am almost tempted to paint it white...I wonder what it would look like?

4 comments:

Paige said...

Wow, you scored in the free bin! I think the heart thingy is a coffee cup holder. Great finds!

Blondie's Journal said...

A free bin!! Who could pass that up! Looks like you found a lot of cute items for the kids! Good for you.

Have a great weekend! :-!

xoxo
Jane

Keetha Broyles said...

I wonder if Mr. Blue Hearts and Kung Fu was meant to be a mug holder. Whatever, it certainly is unique!!!

Hey - - - these things were all free, you can't be any MORE thrifty than that!!!

Kristin - The Goat said...

The Abe Lincoln picture is a nice one - I bet it's a very interesting read. Great Free Box thirfting!