Monday, April 10, 2006

Maybe I am the worst sister-in-law in the world...

I talked to my brother yesterday and told him that I wanted to have him come with me to pick out some flowers for my grandma's grave, because I didn't want to have an arrangement sent to FL from AR, and since I am not very familiar with that side of my family I don't feel that I need to impress them...therefore I think a private putting flowers by her gravesite is appropriate. I wanted just my brother to come with me, so when he called and said he was bringing his wife I told him I wasn't bringing my husband I wanted it to be just about us...and he reluctantly said...Okay. I should have known something was wrong, but I didn't think two seconds about it. Then his wife calls and starts with "I don't want to be rude, but..." I think we all know that when someone says that they ARE being rude...and then she rips into me about how for four years I have treated her like a second class citizen...and that's when my lid blew off. You have to understand...I have been VERY nice to her...but I am not going to kiss her butt everytime I see her. I treat her no differently than I do my other sister in law---and we get along great!! I can think of no time when I have been mean and rude to her--I resent her saying that I treat her like a second class citizen...

so I told her that I think that she has taken my brother's balls and put them on herself...probably something I shouldn't have said. Then I also said that I was paying for the flowers because they are too POOR to pay for them...another thing I probably shouldn't have said. I hung up then called back and apologized for what I said...I could hear my brother in the background arguing with me...and her mom in the background. I told my brother that he put me in front of the firing squad...and I was hurt. My sil insisted that he was not going to go to get flowers without her...and I had never even heard that from his mouth. He said that he forgives me, and that tomorrow(today) he would forget everything...but he was still coming to Walmart with his wife...and I said...I am bringing my husband....I don't like the 2:1 odds of me going with them...and if I get there and her mother and other members of her family are there I am leaving...toute suite...

I will keep you posted...

No comments: